The South Central Council of Governments (SCCOG) Housing Department partners with the Department of Human Services in order to provide Home Modifications to our clients in both Huerfano County and Las Animas County. Home Modification is a Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Health First Colorado (Colorado's Medicaid Program) benefit that allows for specific modifications, adaptations, or improvements in an eligible client's existing home setting.
Eligibility is based on the member's medical condition and the following requirements.
Home Modifications must:
- Be necessary to ensure the health, welfare, and safety of the member, and
- Enable the member to function with greater independence in the home, and
- Be required due to the client's illness, impairment or disability, as documented on the ULTC_100.2 form and care plan; and
- Prevents institutionalization of the member.
Home Modification adaptations, or improvements may include but are not limited to:
- Installing or building ramps or platform lifts
- Modifying bathrooms may include; walk-in-showers or tubs, roll-in-showers, raised toilets, adjustable showerheads, wall mounted fold down shower seats
- Modifying kitchen facilities
- installing specialized electric and plumbing systems that are necessary to accommodate medically necessary equipment and supplies
There is $14,000 lifetime maximum for the Home Modification Benefit.