ABOUT AREA AGENCY ON AGING (AAA)
Welcome to SCCOG Area Agency on Aging (AAA) serving Huerfano and Las Animas Counties for Colorado's Region 14. SCCOG AAA is responsible for planning, coordinating, and delivering services that support our region's older residents, their families, and caregivers by:
- Promoting independence and dignity
- Serving elders with the greatest need
- Providing easy access to our services
- Providing opportunities for seniors to make a difference in their communities
- Providing consumer education and advocating for quality services
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR AAA SERVICES?
- Age 60 and over
- Registered in our program
- Completed and updated AAA assessment
WHAT ARE OUR AAA SERVICES?
- Nutrition Services (congregate & homebound)
- Transportation (around town & Pueblo)
- Home care (short term/transition)
- Material Aid (vision, dental, or hearing aids)
- Visually impaired services
- Legal Aid
- Health Promotion/Screening
- Elder Abuse Awareness
HOW ARE AAA SERVICES FUNDED?
- Federal Funds (Older Americans Act of 1965 - OAA)
- State Funds
- CSBG (Community Services Block Grant)
- Program Income/Donations (Consumer Contributions)
Region 14 AAA strives to serve all seniors (60+) of Huerfano and Las Animas Counties who seek our services. Targeting clientele that are unserved and underserved while providing services and resources to all seniors and their families to promote living long, healthy lives the way they choose that allows them to live independently and safely in their homes.